Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Your 90s Holiday Sitcom Playlist

Greetings, readers and fellow Squad members!

It's been awhile for Willa Murray, aka, Junior Professor of Bad Jokes. I've been gallivanting around the city in my attempt to obtain a piece of paper that says I'm officially a Master of the English language. But, no matter! I'm off for the next three weeks. This Christmas season I've been left to my own devices: alone the evening before Christmas Eve with nothing but white Russians, my fish, and YouTube to keep me entertained. Also, I've found that the best cure to keep the troll named Depression at bay is nostalgia: specifically 90s and early 00s sitcom nostalgia. The following YouTube playlist (cleverly entitled "CHRISTMAS") is filled with over 24 hours of television episodes, short animated films, and muppets. Because tis the season.

"CHRISTMAS" by Willa Murray


Playlist includes episodes and videos from...

  • Everybody Loves Raymond
  • Home Improvement
  • Roseanne
  • Frasier (duh)
  • Whose Line is it Anyway? (feat. Stephen Colbert)
  • Just Shoot Me
  • King of Queens
  • Shaun the Sheep
  • Becker
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • 30 Rock
  • Ally McBeal
  • Spin City
  • Cybill
  • Dharma and Greg
  • Saturday Night Live
  • How the Grinch Stole Christmas
  • Sesame Street (Bert and Ernie's "Gift of the Magi")
  • Boy Meets World
  • Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
  • Will and Grace
  • Patton Oswalt's "Christmas Shoes"
  • John Robert's "Christmas Tree"
  • A Muppet Family Christmas
  • Seinfeld
  • Charlies Brown


Video quality is low, but nostalgia quality is high. I tried my damnedest to find full episodes of Friends, Seinfeld, and Bob's Burgers. However, FOX keeps their copyrighted episodes tied up like the Krampus keeps his children: obviously very tight. (Come on. He's not letting them go. Give up hope already.)

With all my love and wishes for the Festivus/Hanukkah/Christmas/Kwanzaa season,

Willa Murray,
Head Librarian
Willa Murray at 4. Still not Krampus food after 21 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment