Thursday, December 18, 2014

Winter has Come. Culturally Significant Holidays 2014.

Ok, I officially have the Christmas blues.

This seasonal blues doesn't come from a place of despair over the fast-approaching holidays or the depression of consumerism. I'm fine with all that. I have the blues because I feel that I have once again dropped the ball when it comes to blogging on a regular basis. I built up Octovember to barely post anything. And now my first post for December comes days away from Christmas. Yeah, I've been lacking...but with purpose.

First, one of the major reasons we've been quiet on the CultSig! front is that we are in the middle of a big re-organization for the blog. For a long time we've been planning some new avenues of how to bring more variety to CultSig!, so much so that we have created a umbrella to fit it all under called Culturally Significant Entertainment ©.

This is all very exciting and we are looking forward to unleashing everything we have planned.

Second, I've been working on a coffee bar.

Yep, for one day I will be operating a free pop-up coffee bar called Black Lodge, White Lodge: Damn Fine Coffee Bar. If you can guess it's a Twin Peaks themed coffee bar. This is a big undertaking that has pull a lot of writing time away from me but has been so much fun as it has taken my two passions, pop culture and coffee, and has brought them together.

True this is a one day affair, mostly for the employees of a restaurant's holiday party, but I'm looking forward to how the overall reactions will be. Part of me hopes that this will lead to future pop-ups in the future. We will have to wait and see.

Will all this going on you can understand why we haven't been turning out a huge amount of content recently but that doesn't mean we won't have anything going on for the winter months. I don't want to be promising anything I can't deliver but I will at least promise two things.

Promise 1: The Final 30 Days of Ghostbusters
Including some seasonal drinks, more "Why Ghostbusters? guest posts, and very nice New Years showing of 'Ghostbusters II'. I'll be glad to put the 30 Days to bed but also sad. If you want to catch more GB coverage then check out my personal Instagram account as I am participating in the #GB30Challenge photo challenge.

Promise 2: The Culturally Significant! Holiday Wish Book
For the remaining days till Christmas we will be posting links and articles about pop culture items that we feel are worth being made aware of. You may not be able to get any of these items before Christmas, but you should still know they are out there to purchase.

P.S. If anyone would like to pick up any of these items for us at CultSig! we would be happy to receive them *HINT HINT WINK WINK*.

Then finally we will have a special Christmas day special playing on the site so be sure to check that out.

That is all for now. I want to again thank any of you who follow us here at CultSig! and hope your holidays are a good one.

Oh, and remember...

Till then...Bah Humbug,

No comments:

Post a Comment