Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Teaser Trailer Tuesday: Birdman (2014)

Last week we took a look at Michael Keaton as Batman, now we take a look at a trailer with Michael Keaton as his great other superhero character...Birdman (2014).





I knew when I posted the Batman (1989) teaser trailer last Tuesday that I immediately wanted to follow it up with one of my favorite teaser trailer of this year with Birdman (2014). What is the film about? I have no idea. Is Michael Keaton a character or an alternative version of Michael Keaton? I don't know. Is the surrealism an example of the character having a mental breakdown? Maybe. Am I going to see this film when it comes out? Absolutely.
Michael Keaton: actor/hero/snapper
Digging deeper Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) is about an actor who once was the star of a successful superhero film, trying to stage a comeback in a Broadway play while battling his ego and feelings of failure. Now, Keaton is still a big star in my eye (I love you Michael!) so I wouldn't go as far to say this is an example of life and art colliding but he hasn't been getting the parts that he use to so at least it's a instance of meta-acting. I'm super excited for Birdman, not only because it seems a return to an intense Keaton but also because it reminds me of when I first saw the trailer for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind...but that's another story.
#Birdman

No comments:

Post a Comment